***Original post from September 2012 – Updated for your viewing and hair pleasure August 2016!
We have all been there. We have all been her. We have all been the consumer who waltzes into the Salon and heads over to our favorite shelf that holds our most precious product only to drop slowly to our knees while we wail “…They…discontinued…my…hairspray!!!”. For a moment, the Salon falls silent, not in shock but in respect of the loss.
Unfortunately most companies decide to revamp their lines and their products and don’t let the Salon owners, stylists or the public at large know that they are doing so and leave us all hanging, wondering “Does it still exist? Is it in a different bottle? Does it have another name?”. KMS California is not such a company. In the last year they revamped their line and discontinued some products – put down the torches and pitchforks people, take a breath. KMS California thought of those of us who do not wear waterproof mascara and gave a detailed description of what products are no longer with us and which products would be a suitable replacement. So, since I have it, I thought you would like it too and being me, I have compiled a list for you.
– If you were using Hairstay Sculpting lotion – try Curl Up perfecting lotion
– If you were using Hairstay Quick finishspray – try Hair Stay medium hold or Hair Stay maximum hold spray
– If you were using Hairplay Soft wax or Hairplay Hard wax – try Hair Play Design wax
– If you were using Hairplay Texture blast – try Add Volume Root and body lift
– If you were using Silksheen Shaping creme – try Tame Frizz smoothing lotion or taming creme
– If you were using SilkSheen Silk treatment – try Moist Repair Therapy treatment
– If you were using Silksheen Therapy plus – try Tame Frizz de-frizz oil
– If you were using Silksheen Gloss Spray – try Hairstay Anti-Humidity seal **AWESOME
– If you were using AddVolume Gel conditioner – try Add Volume Body build detangler
– If you were using AddVolume Blow dry lotion – try Add Volume volumizing spray or Hair Play messing creme
The complete FlatOut line was discontinued and replaced with the FreeShape line – it does everything the FlatOut line did and more! Here are the big movers from FreeShape at our shop.
FlatOutHot pressed spray – now FreeShape Hot flex spray
FlatOut Anti-Humidity seal – now FreeShape Anti-Humidity seal
FlatOut Straightening creme – now FreeShape Hot flex creme
Some products have not changed….the bottle is just another color and their name has changed…
So there you are. You can wipe away the tears. You can calm down. KMS California has thought of you, the Salon owner, the stylist, the consumer.