It’s Monday once again. It’s December 17th and holiday preparations are in full swing. School pageants, church socials, pop up Christmas markets, holiday open houses, tinsel and Christmas lights as far as the eye can see. …oh, and my favorite of all…holiday retail hours. Yours truly is working 8 out of the next 9 days. Perks of being a strong salesperson I guess. For many of us, the two weeks before Christmas can be exhausting for we have our own life and family responsibilities on top of all the other responsibilities and to do lists that accompany this time of year.
Usually my Monday Motivator’s are to cure your hair woes and ensure a good hair day on Monday and everyday. Today is to bring a smile to your face, some warmth to cure your soul and add some joy to your day. I have compiled my most popular holiday posts and “Tales of Truth” for you all.
Be happy. Take a breath. Take five minutes for yourself, to sip a hot tea, a crisp chardonnay, savor a Christmas cookie, text your friend a funny holiday meme, share this blog. Add some joy to your day and that joy will spread.
When we hear the word December or see the month on our calendar our thoughts automatically turn to our holiday to do lists. Be it trim the tree, buy that perfect gift or lighting the menorah. In my corner of the world, December also means pulling out every toque (winter hat for my non-Canadian friends), scarf, parka, and the endless search for the lost mitten or glove, that you find in June. December can be a beautiful and magical month. Fresh fallen snow, crisp fresh air. The sun peeking through the snow clouds to remind us of the hope of spring. Running into old friends which result in impromptu dinners or drinks, the list of possibilities are endless. One thing is for certain, many of us will keep our toque’s on, for the ever present static and frizz that goes along with December weather is always waiting to make an appearance. I do believe we have Canadians to thank for the “pom pom hats are in” fashion statement. Before you scour Amazon and every apparel shop at the mall for a toque to match every outfit, I have some good news for you! Even though the calendar states it’s December, there is still humidity in the air, hence our frizz. Mix that with the dry hot air from our furnace, static is not to far behind. Combing through my archives I have compiled a list of blogs about fabulous hair products that will keep your frizz and static the furthest thing from your mind. You’re welcome.
Onesta Smooth & Shine – That Girl in the Red Coat
Here we are. Monday has arrived. The holiday season is in full swing. Office parties, school pageants, winter formals, parades, lighting the candles for Hanukkah…and with all of the above, selfies are also in full swing. Before you duck out of group snaps or fret over which filter will hide your “bad hair day”, give this article a try. I have compiled some of my most popular Monday Motivators for you all. From split ends to frizz, from damage to limp hair, you will find a solution to your hair woes my friends. Of this I am certain.
Monday Motivator – The invisibobble – That Girl in the Red Coat
As of late everyone seems to be saying the same thing. Everyone wonders what is happening in the world. Between what is happening in the U.S.A., Brexit, the debate of the existence of Climate Change (which is a real thing), we all seem to be lost, wondering which road to take, which side to stand on and wishing for a simpler time.
A few weeks ago, while my beloved and I were discussing such topics, he said “Remember Little House on the Prairie? It was a great show. That is what family and community should be about.”. That’s when a thought transpired in my mind. I looked at him and said “If that’s the world you want, you can have it”. He looked at me like I had three heads and was speaking in Mandarin. I clarified my thought for him, just as I am going to do for you. When our actions are based in kindness, kindness will spread. When we speak with truth, truth will spread. When are intentions come from a place of light and love, light and love will spread. It’s inevitable. When we face our fear, be it of saying the wrong thing or trying something out of our comfort zone, the fear slowly disappears. We lead by example, to our children, to our family, to our coworker, even to strangers we pass on the street. Speaking your truth not only sets you free, it can unlock the shackles of others.
We have no control of the world entire, nor do we have any control over the actions and words of others. What we do have control over is our own words and actions. The simplest of actions can make the biggest impact.
- Hold the door open for a stranger.
- Help an elderly person get their groceries in their car.
- Offer your child a ride to school or work.
- Leave a love note in your spouse’s lunch.
- Call a friend just to say hello.
- Send flowers, to anyone, just because.
- When someone is speaking to you, look them in the eye and be present. When you are overwhelmed and someone needs your attention, kindly say “I want to be here for you, I need a minute.”.
- When you are feeling unheard, do not get angry. Tell the person you are speaking to “I need your attention. This is important to me”.
- Support others achievements, never dismiss them. Someone tells you they have decided to be clown, celebrate it. …I however will be in the back of the room for I hate clowns, but I will still be there, cheering them on…from afar.
- Listen and respect the opinions of others, for you want others to listen and respect yours. You do not have to agree with them. …more often than not, if you take the time to listen, you will find the root of their opinion and maybe, just maybe, you can help shed some light on their lack of information and leave them with something to ponder. …or they may do the same for you.
- Be grateful, even if your day feels like a shit show. Be grateful. If you can walk, talk and wipe your own ass…that’s a pretty good day.
Create the world you want to see. Plain and simple.