I know that the full moon will not arrive for a few more days, but I cannot hold these tales in any longer. I don’t know if it was the February blahs or the polar vortex but let me tell ya…these past weeks have been quite, shall we say, interesting. …and yes, these circumstances are quite real. I actually have witnesses.
– I have a blue streak through my hair (see picture below). I have many women comment on the color or that I shaved the side of my head. What I haven’t heard until a few weeks ago was “Your hair reminds me of my bird!” …all I could think was Sweet Jesus, please let her be talking about her pet.
…a bird…who knew?
– It was a busy day in the Salon and a dear friend was getting her hair done, so I stepped back to the Salon to say hello. As I approached her chair, my stylist and the owner just stared at me, no words uttered, just eyes shifting to the left. I looked over to see a woman, who was waiting for her appointment, clipping her finger nails. Yes, clipping her finger nails. Not only clipping her finger nails but dropping the clippings on the floor. …left me to wonder, does she floss her teeth in the 1-8 aisle at the grocery store?
– A woman asked me if there was any product that would help her daughter not “whine so much” when she was getting her brows plucked. I let her know that there are numbing creams available that may help with the discomfort. I also let her know that waxing may be a better option – it is quicker, and the pain is only for a moment or two every 4-6 weeks instead of every few days. She asked me “Is waxing safe for a 5 year old?” ….there are no words.
– Travel size hairspray can be hard to come by, so when some travel size hairspray arrived, I had a display at the front counter, so our customers and clients will see that we now have some in stock. A woman told me I should move the display, because “it will depress the people that never go anywhere. It’s not nice to remind people of such things!”. …sigh
– As we all know, products get discontinued. No one likes it. It’s frustrating. It happens. I had a woman tell me I was a liar. She came in looking for Joico Brilliantine. I let her know it was discontinued. I also told her I had many products similar to her beloved product and that I found Senscience ProFormance Polish the closest yet. “You’re a liar!” she told me. I get out my laptop, went to the Joico website to show her their product listings to show it has been discontinued. As I scrolled through the product listings, she asked me “How do I know you didn’t set this up?” …. double sigh
– A woman asked me if she can use Dry Shampoo in the shower
* for those not familiar with Dry Shampoo check out my article for http://www.hairstyle-blog.com
– A woman came in looking for the most natural, chemical free hair color that she could buy. I let her know I did not sell any and that most professional hair care color lines are not sold to the public, only licensed stylists. “Well, that’s not fair! The public cares about the environment too!”. As she left the shop, still standing in the doorway of the shop, she lit her cigarette. …triple sigh
Last, but never least…
– To let the public at large know – I do know that Blue/Purple shampoo will eliminate the brassy tones of your hair, on your head. As for other body regions…I will leave that up to you to find out.