Here we are. Monday has arrived. Yours truly lives in Canada and most of us are waking up to frost on our windshields and snow on the ground. We are also greeted with moans from our children about having to sport their toques (hats for my non Canadian readers) and winter boots…such a fun morning ritual that lasts from November to April, if we are lucky. With the change in weather, many of our children have to deal with our moans about our hair. Weather and temperature changes can make our tresses dry, make our hair stand on end with static and frizz is ever so present….until today! I have covered these hair woes in the past, so for your reading pleasure, today I will share my links to my articles that will give you tips, tricks and information about hair products that can moisturize your dry ends, dry scalp and ease and even eliminate your frizz and static.
That Girl in the Red Coat
Pai-Shau Line – That Girl in the Red Coat
Here’s hoping that one of these tales will give you the product that you’ve been searching for.
DID YOU KNOW? You can search my blog for a tale that suits your purpose! For example, simply type “frizz”, “damaged hair”, “Joico”, or “Moroccanoil” in my search bar and any and all blogs concerning your key word will pop up for your reading pleasure.
Wishing you a good hair day today, and everyday.
As you know, I have been in the retail/customer service biz for over 30 years now. Yep. 30 years. From running the first central dispatch for Pizza Hut Canada back in the 90’s, to selling everything from hairspray, shoes and luxury vehicles. Over the decades, there has always been one commonality. The strange, the rude and the down right odd things people say to salespeople. In sharing these zingers, my hope is to bring a smile to your face and if you happen to know anyone who behaves/speaks like this, maybe together we can help them. …and yes, I am sorry to say, the following have been said to me. I constantly have to remind myself “do not show it on your face”. I can’t make this shit up.
- “Will this boot shrink?” – a woman asked me if the Hunter rubber boot she was trying on would shrink in size. I asked her if she meant would it stretch. Nope. Her concern was it would shrink.
- “This sandal is too big…look how much my foot moves!” …she was trying on a flip flop.
- “How am I supposed to hold the hairspray?” …the can stated it was “hard to hold”. …psst…that means the hold factor of the spray itself.
- “If I never use the back seat why do I have to get a 4 door car?”. I let the gentleman know we offered a 2 door sedan. “Oh, 2 doors won’t do.”. …sigh
- A couple did not think it was fair that they couldn’t get approved for a car loan. We explained that they hadn’t paid their phone/cable bill in 9 months to which they said “well, they changed our plan and we didn’t like it so we won’t pay until we get what we want!”. …FYI – that’s not how that works. If you don’t pay your bills, your credit rating plunges and lenders aren’t a fan of bad credit.
- “I need a shoe that fits my Orthotics.” I asked her if she had them with her. “Oh no, I never wear them.”.
- “These are men’s shoes! There is an “M” on the box!” …we were in the ladies section. FYI – an “M” = medium width. A “W” = wide width.
- “Can you tell me where my toe is?” … a woman trying on a 4 inch pointed toe stiletto heel.
- “Is there enough room in this shoe for growing room?” … a question posed to yours truly from a woman in her 40’s. I let her know that her feet have probably stopped growing to which she said “Yeah, but what if I gain weight?”.
- “Are these slippers slippery?”
- A woman came in looking for winter boots. She picked up a pair and asked if they were winter boots. I let her know that although there was fur inside the boot it was a fashion boot. It had no thermal grading and was not waterproof or water resistant. I was told I didn’t know what I was talking about because “anything with fur is for winter.”.
I could go on, but I would get carpel tunnel, so I shall save more for later. Enjoy the giggles Beauties.